Magic Cabin

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shopping the produce aisle on Etsy

So, yeah, I've been sick alot over the past 3 weeks. The bug totally zapped me of any desire to blog. But with a little rest, chicken soup, and herb tea in me, I've managed to almost complete my shopping for my daughter's upcoming 3rd birthday. Early. Her birthday is in April but I can hardly contain myself when this time of year rolls around! I love spring and I love to find adorable, unique goodies to surprise her with on her big day. My preference is usually for handmade, natural, organic, and open-ended, sprinkled with a little hip, indie, or gently used. Boy, did I hit the jackpot!

Take a look at this great assortment of handmade wool felt goodies I found by Becky on Etsy.

I've been browsing the produce section of every natural online toy shoppe since Christmas and have eyed Becky's work over and over again. They are simply beautiful and very well-made. At $12-15 per set of food, I don't think you can beat this deal. You can find similar sets of toy fabric food on other toy websites, and they're all adorable, but with Becky, you get alot more variety at a better price. And that's what it came down to for me, alot of different types of food for a great price. So, I got all three sets and I LOVE them! They will go great with the children's enamel dinnerware set I got her for Christmas 2006 from A Toy Garden and the new stainless steel pots and pans I scored at Target a couple weeks ago. I can't wait to see what she's gonna cook up! I'm so excited that it's going to be hard to wait until her birthday to give them to her!

Check out Becky's Etsy shop at www.beckym.etsy.com for more cool stuff too. She has a few more food sets and some sweet birdie notecards I'm favorite-ing right now. Better hope you get to them before I do cuz there's only one in stock.

No comments:

 
Forum