Magic Cabin

Friday, January 4, 2008

Top 5 Green Home Goals for 2008

I'm always working toward making my home healthier, both for my family and for my planet. A few green goals I was able to accomplish last year were using more natural cleaning solutions, shopping with reusable bags, and recycling. I have recycled everything my nearby center would take and have managed to stick with it. Yeah, it piles up sometimes, but at least it's not going into the landfill. It's pretty disgusting to dig up the recyclables that end up in the trashcan, but you gotta do what you gotta do. This year, my hubby plans to build me a full-fledged "recycling center."

Some of my other 2008 goals are carry-overs from 07 so I already had a beginning idea of what I wanted and where to go. For others, I consulted The Green Guide when I didn't know where to turn. You can use their search feature to look up the specific topics you need.

  1. replace as many plastic containers as possible
  2. try reusable & biodegradable party supplies
  3. more recycling bins
  4. start a compost
  5. shop organic, local & gently used
That's just the top five. I have a ton of other ideas swirling around in my head on any given day, given whatever new information I've heard or old information I've remembered. To keep from getting overwhelmed though, I just keep a list of all the eco-cool stuff I find so I can get around to it one day in the near future. It helps to go wherever the flow is though, wherever my interests are at the time so I don't begin to feel like I have to save the whole world right this instant. And so you don't feel that way either, below I've got some earth saving gear I've found to get us on our way.

Don't forget you can always count on Our Green House and ReusableBags.com to have lots of what you need. And if you haven't already, sign up for Ideal Bite's newsletter so you can get your daily dose of eco-tips in bite size pieces.



No comments:

 
Forum