Magic Cabin

Friday, January 4, 2008

I've got free piano lessons and a plan


So, now that my very dear friend and neighbor Ren has finally inherited her mother's piano and had it delivered a couple weeks ago, I have to figure out a way to get my fingers on those delicious ivories on a regular basis. You see, ever since I was a child, I've dreamed of becoming a concert pianist. (For those of you who are paying really close attention, yes, that would make this Dream No. 327.) I began lessons at the little Baptist school down the street when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade and fell in love instantly. But I've been unable to keep my skills honed throughout the years.

Looks like now's my chance! (Insert sinister laugh here.)

The way I figure it, she'll be needing a babysitter a few times a week for yoga and for various other Mommy missions and that's when I'll make my move. I'll have to be careful because I haven't visited in a while and she may get suspicious. "Why Tori! You walked all the way down the street just to see me?" Better make some double chocolate vegan carob brownies and use that as my excuse. That and Zoƫ needed a play date. I'll sign up for some free Piano lessons & piano chords from this cool site I found and show them to her. We'll get into some playful duets, dance, and she'll sing a Justin Timberlake song while I play the accompaniment. Thanks to those free Piano lessons & piano chords I will be able to play JT by ear in no time. It will be delightful. And Ren will never be the wiser because she, of all people, does not read this blog.

A perfect plan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But you see, I DO read this.. and I'm copying it to my blog.. Because now I am famously mentioned on the fabulous Punkin Pockets.. Oh and thanks for mentioning Mr Sexy.. LOL

 
Forum